Jamaica Plain, MA
Salary: $21.60 to $22.50 /hour
Ethos is a private, non-profit organization dedicated to promoting independence, dignity and well-being among the elderly and disabled through quality, affordable and culturally-appropriate home and community-based care. www.ethocare.org
EO/AA/VEV/Disabled Employer — Ethos Affirms and Supports Diversity
To be considered for this position applicants MUST submit a cover letter with their resume.
The Personal Care Attendant Program is a MassHealth program that helps people with permanent or chronic disabilities keep their independence, stay in the community, and manage their own personal care by providing funds to hire personal care attendants (PCAs). PCA Program Skills Trainersprovide intake and orientation services to prospective consumers and/or their surrogates; maintain a caseload of consumers who are enrolled in the PCA Program and provide ongoing Functional Skills Training, by telephone and in-person, to ensure that the consumer and/or their surrogate are managing the program effectively.
DUTIES of PCA Program Skills Trainer :
- Provide information to prospective consumers and complete initial referrals.
- Ascertain basic eligibility by completing an initial home visit.
- Prepare/submit an initial application for PCA services to MassHealth for review.
- Upon approval, schedule a home visit to provide instruction about Fiscal Intermediary Services and complete a Service Agreement.
- Provide ongoing training to the consumer and/or their surrogate in program management tasks such as recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and scheduling of PCAs, emergency management, personal health care maintenance, and the rules, policies, and procedures governing the PCA program.
- Complete quarterly visits for first year; annual visits thereafter.
- Prepare/submit a reevaluation for each consumer every year.
- Maintain up-to-date progress notes including a summary of telephone calls, changes in consumer’s condition, and observations made during the home visits.
- Record and maintain statistical data; complete monthly reports.
- Participate in problem solving, staff meetings and staff development programs.
- Attend PCA Coalition meetings and Fiscal Intermediary meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS for a PCA Program – Skills Trainer:
- Bachelors or 1-2 years experience in human services, social work, nursing or related field preferred.
- Experience working with the disabled and/or experience working in a community service setting.
- Initiative to improve the program within MassHealth guidelines.
$39,327.56 – $40,950.00 ($21.60 – $22.50 hourly) , depending on experience for a 35 hour work week, plus an additional $600 annual for language skills.
- Vacation = 3 weeks
- Sick time = 12 days
- Personal time = 1 week
- 13 Holidays off plus your Birthday off!
- Health & Dental insurance, Life insurance, Long-term and Short-term Disability insurance
- Long Term Care and Voluntary Accident Ins available.
- 403(b) retirement plan
- credit union
- Medical and Commuter Pre-tax deductions