DEPARTMENT: Care Management
POSITION: Community Service and Screening Model (CSSM)Case Manager
SUPERVISOR: Nurse Manager
STATUS: Full-Time, 35 hours per week, non-exempt
SALARY: $40,958.16 or more based on experience
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: Works with ASAP nurses and nursing facility discharge planners to ensure that consumers in nursing facilities, as well as their family members, caregivers, and others as identified by the consumer receive information. They receive care planning supports on the least restrictive setting. Consumers receive information and assistance to help them overcome barriers to successfully transition to the community.
- Scheduling visits to each nursing facility based on the individualized need of the consumer(s).
- Complete on-site assessments at all nursing homes in the Ethos area.
- Perform all aspects of service planning, including coordination, arranging and tracking of services to facilitate discharge.
- Attending IDPT meetings as appropriate.
- Assist patients as needed with housing, referrals for in-home long- term services and supports.
- Research supports for specific needs of consumers.
- Assist ASAP RNs with resources for consumers being discharged.
- Monitor consumers for 30 days after discharge from a nursing facility and complete CCTFs (Case Closure Tracking Form) and follow up as needed.
- Maintain current knowledge of HCBS Waivers and long-term services and supports.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services, psychology or related field. Exception is made for those with needed linguistic capabilities who also have 5 years directly related work experience.
- Three to five years of experience in working with elders and younger people with disabilities, case management, housing search assistance and long-term services and supports.
- Ability to visit consumers in nursing homes and follow them to home including climbing up to three flights of stairs and carrying 10 pounds.
- Maintain confidentiality of consumer information at all times.
- Ability to utilize interpersonal skills in relating sensitively to the concerns affecting the consumer and their population as a whole.
- Ability to observe and report objectively in both a verbal and written manner.
- Previous experience working in a team-based environment highly desirable.
- Flexibility to accept changing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Familiarity with computer and basic word processing skills
* If applicable, designates non‑essential position function as required by the ADA
Ethos accepts applications and resumes only for positions that are currently open. Please check the list of current job openings and specify the opening in your cover letter or your resume will not be considered. Ethos does not consider resumes or applications that do not specify an open position and does not keep them on file for future use. Please check back for current job openings and apply only for specific open positions.
Ethos prefers that submissions of resumes and cover letters or completed application forms are e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about a position, please e-mail the HR Director at that address. No phone calls please.
You may also fax your submission to the HR Director at 617-524-2899.
If applying through the mail, please send your submission to:
555 Amory St.
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130