DEPARTMENT: Care Management
POSITION: Nutrition Assessment Specialist
SUPERVISOR: Nutrition Program Manager
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: Assess clients to determine eligibility and initiate Home Delivered Meals or refer to other appropriate services. Responsible for updating client files and processing monthly statistics and billing for the Nutrition Program.
- Initiate home delivered meals and process changes in participant status as a result of reassessments. Inform case managers, drivers and other staff as needed.
- Conduct in‑home assessments of potential clients to determine their eligibility for home delivered meals.
- Conduct reassessments as required of home delivered meals clients to determine their continued eligibility for any additional nutrition services.
- Maintain HDM client files including HDM meals module, reassessment forms, progress notes and home care authorizations.
- Record and update appropriate database on all HDM clients. Call clients to determine status following driver notification of problems in delivering meals.
- Refer clients to appropriate agencies and community resources and provide follow‑up to determine if contact was made and needs are met.
- Prepare and review weekly reports for Home Delivered Meals Program:
- Enter and review number of meals from driver sheets.
- Perform/oversee generation of weekly driver run sheets.
- Prepare monthly statistics and billing:
- HDM report
- Home Care billing
- *Coordinate and accompany clients to guest days at congregate sites for potential new clients from existing agency program.
- Provide phone coverage and other administrative support to nutrition program.
- Function as HDM Coordinator as necessary.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Associate’s degree in nutrition or equivalent.
- One year of experience in human services working with clients; experience doing assessments preferred.
- Word processing skills and familiarity with spreadsheets required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with the elderly and demonstrated leadership/supervisory ability.
- Must be able to drive or travel in an efficient manner.
- Must be able to traverse at least two flights of stairs.
* If applicable, designates non‑essential position function as required by The Americans with Disabilities Act.