DEPARTMENT: Care Management
POSITION: Personal Care Attendant (PCA) Program Supervisor
SUPERVISOR: Assistant Home Care Director
STATUS: Full Time, 35 hours per week, Exempt
SALARY: $50,000 to $53,000 per year, depending on experience
Assist in overseeing daily operation of PCA program to assure compliance with contract, including monitoring accuracy of submissions to Prior Authorization Unit (PAU), workload distribution, per diem RN assignments, and supervision of Skills Trainers (STs). Implement new service directives to ensure delivery of effective consumer services. Attends Fiscal Intermediary meetings and coalition meetings if Supervisor is unable to attend.
- Knowledgeable about PCM contract, PCA Program Regulations and Operating Standards.
- Prepares lists of required Skills Training visits for PCA STs; assures completion and documentation of visits.
- Reviews submissions to PAU prior to uploading in POSC for accuracy and completeness.
- Consults with team on complex consumers; brings issues forward to supervisor as needed.
- Develops and maintains system for distribution of Re-evaluations to per diem nurses including verifying accuracy.
- Assures that invoices from per diem nurses and occupational therapists are accurate and prepares purchase orders.
- Follow-up with Senior Care Options (SCO) referrals as needed.
- Assists Assistant Director in the interviewing and hiring of Skills Trainers in accordance with HR directives.
- Supervises Skills Trainers, including field supervision.
- Contributes to performance evaluations for Skills Trainers.
- Follows Ethos policies and practices, particularly when supervising staff members.
- Attends quarterly Fiscal Intermediary meetings, PCA Coalition meetings or other meetings as assigned.
- Assist in the implementation of regulations and policies of MassHealth and Ethos.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Master’s degree in Human Services or related area with a minimum of 5 years directly related experience or BA degree in Human Services or related area with 8 years directly related experience.
- Knowledge of and experience working with the elderly and disabled.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to handle periods of high demand and fluctuating demand efficiently
- Previous supervisory and program administration experience preferred; ability to lead and supervise a diverse team of educated professionals.
- Comfortably and accurately works with numbers, percentages and statistics.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills using all Microsoft Office programs and internet required.
- Must be able to drive or travel in an efficient manner.
- Must be able to traverse at least two flights of stairs.
* If applicable, designates non‑essential position function as required by the ADA.
Ethos accepts applications and resumes only for positions that are currently open. Please check the list of current job openings and specify the opening in your cover letter or your resume will not be considered. Ethos does not consider resumes or applications that do not specify an open position and does not keep them on file for future use. Please check back for current job openings and apply only for specific open positions.
Ethos prefers that submissions of resumes and cover letters or completed application forms are e-mailed to email@example.com. If you have questions about a position, please e-mail the HR Director at that address. No phone calls please.
You may also fax your submission to the HR Director at 617-524-2899.
If applying through the mail, please send your submission to:
555 Amory St.
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130