AgeWell’s transportation initiatives are implemented in partnership with ITN Greater Boston.
ITNGB provides a community-based, quality transportation service for seniors and adults with visual impairments. We serve Ashland, Brookline, Framingham, Marlboro, Natick, Needham, Newton, Southboro, Waltham, Watertown, Wellesley, and the Boston neighborhoods of Allston, Brighton, Fenway, Hyde Park, Jamaica Plain, Roslindale and West Roxbury.
AgeWell recruits volunteer drivers and refers seniors to ITN’s services, providing rides to medical appointments, shopping, classes, and social events. When needed, AgeWell also connects seniors to specialized transportation options and other community resources.
What are some of the benefits of volunteering?
- You help seniors stay independent and healthy by taking them to visit friends, a hair dressers appointment or a doctor’s appointment
- You help make driving safer for everyone
- You provide a positive alternative to a huge national problem by ensuring that seniors have a great choice without burdening family or friends
- You get mileage reimbursement for part of the ride and transportation credits for the rest. Save these credits for your own future use, transfer them to a loved one or donate them to the Road Scholarship Program for low-income riders
- You receive a free annual membership for yourself and one for a friend, and the quarterly newsletter
By volunteering you receive ride credits.You can then give these to a loved one, or save them for when you need them.
For more information or to volunteer contact Ethos at 617.477.6623/