It’s a big job managing your current health issues while also planning for the longer term. There are so many choices, and decisions you make today can have a major impact later on. Ethos provides information and guidance so you understand your options and make informed decisions around long-term care, Medicare benefits and household budgeting.
- Options Counseling – Guidance in developing a long-term care plan that best suits the needs of elders and the disabled.
- Medicare Counseling – Health insurance counseling and assistance.
- Money Management – Practical help with budgeting, paying bills, and dealing with a threatened eviction or utility shutoff.
- Ombudsman – Ensuring the rights of residents of long-term care facilities.
- Ethos Volunteers – Volunteers assist with companionship, grocery shopping, medical escorting and other needs.
- Collaborations – Programs that we fund collaboratively include the Boston Elder Info referral line and Elder Protective Services.
- Services are free of charge.
- Options counseling is available for individuals living at home or in a hospital, nursing home or rehabilitation facility.