Not only is the older adult population of Boston growing, but our community also is home to higher rates of older adults experiencing depression and mental health challenges than their counterparts across the Commonwealth – but Ethos is here to help.
To help meet the changing and complex needs of our city’s older adults, Ethos is proud to launch our Elder Mental Health Outreach Team (EMHOT)! This new program supports older adults experiencing acute mental health crises, providing: mental health counseling, information and referral for mental health community resources, and direct connections to additional support services, in a timely, flexible, consumer-focused manner. Ethos’ EMHOT staff will work to initiate services and attend individuals’ immediate needs, and then link them with other longer term mental health supports.
We are hiring! For more information about employment opportunities in this program, please visit https://www.ethocare.org/employment/.
EMHOT Team members can meet with older adults living in Boston, either at our office or in the community, to establish trusting relationships and provide services including:
- Assessment of the individual’s mental health challenge(s)
- Accessing counseling/therapy services
- Connection to resources across the elder and social services network (i.e. Home Care, Medicare counseling, volunteer and employment opportunities, SNAP benefits, transportation resources, Healthy Aging classes, and much more!)
- Coordination and collaboration with family/caregivers
- Coordination with medical providers
To learn more about Ethos’ EMHOT Program, or to make a referral, please contact email@example.com or call 617-477-6919.
Funding for Ethos’ EMHOT Program has been produced in part from a grant awarded by the Massachusetts Association of Councils on Aging and by the Massachusetts Executive Office of Elder Affairs.
CONTACT ETHOS/MAKE A REFERRAL