BOSTON CONSORTIUM REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP)
The Boston Consortium, comprised of Boston Senior Home Care, Central Boston Elder Services, and Ethos, the three Aging Service Access Points (ASAPs) that serve Boston, have completed the proposal review process. The vendors listed below have been determined eligible to receive contract awards. Vendors that will be awarded contracts through this process will be notified directly by each ASAP. Additionally, some contracts may be awarded on a conditional basis.
All contracts issued through this procurement will begin on November 1, 2016 and will terminate on September 30, 2019. Vendors that currently contract with one of the Boston Consortium members will receive a one month contract extension to their existing contract (October 31, 2016).
The Boston Consortium would like to take this opportunity to thank all vendors that submitted proposals in response to this solicitation.
- ABP Best Home Care Agency, Inc
- All-at-Home Health Care, LLC
- Allied Home Health Care, Inc
- American ESL, Inc
- Anodyne Homemaker Services Corp
- Associated Home Care, LLC
- Aviva Care for Seniors
- Be Safer at Home
- Best of Care, Inc
- Cape Verdean Adult Day Health
- Caribbean Foundation/Urban
- Cerebral Palsy of Massachusetts
- Charm Medical Supply
- City Psych Wellness, Inc
- Community Interpreter Services (CIS)
- Cooperative Elder Services
- Critical Service Technology
- Elder Achievers
- Ellis, Ellis Memorial
- Friendly Care, Inc
- Fuente de Vida
- Geriatric Home Healthcare, Inc
- Global Healthcare Services
- Greater Boston Chinese Golden Age Center, Inc
- Greater Boston Home Health Care Services, Inc
- Guardian Healthcare
- Haitian Adult Day Health
- Hebrew Rehabilitation Center
- Hebrew SeniorLife Home Care
- Help Services Network
- Henshaw Laundry
- Home Staff
- HouseWorks, LLC
- Intercity Home Care
- International Health Solutions, Inc
- John F Kennedy Family Service Center
- Joyful Living Adult Day Health
- Kit Clark Senior Services
- La Alianza Hispana, Inc
- Margaret M. Shea RN Adult Day Health Program
- Medical Resources Home Health Corp.
- Metro Cab Association, Inc
- Midtown Home Health Services, Inc
- Multicultural Home Care
- North End Waterfront Health
- Partners HealthCare at Home Private Care (
- Philips Lifeline
- Ride Right Transportation Inc
- Rogerson Communities
- Seraphic Springs Health Care
- ServiceMaster Restore
- Suburban Home Health Care, Inc
- The Suburban Homemaking & Maternity Agency, Inc
- Upham’s Corner Home Care
- Vine Homecare & Staffing
- Windsor House Adult Day Health
THE BOSTON CONSORTIUM REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP) PROCESS IS BEING REOPENED
The Boston Consortium, comprised of Boston Senior Home Care, Central Boston Elder Services, and Ethos, the three Aging Service Access Points (ASAPs) that serve Boston, is reopening the solicitation for client purchased services for needs in language, geography and continuity of care.
In an effort to ensure fair and impartial competition for all prospective bidders, the Consortium is reopening the solicitation as follows:
- Financial Submission Requirements: for organizations with annual operating budget GREATER than $250,000, given time deadlines, the consortium requires evidence of the bidder having adequate funds to cover 3 months of operating expenses. If awarded a contract, audited financial statements are required to be submitted by December 15, 2016.
- Vendors that previously submitted proposals for this procurement, DO NOT need to reapply.
- Sealed bids will be accepted until 4:00 p.m. on September 12, 2016. For bid specifications, including application forms, visit https://www.ethocare.org
- With the exception of changes to the financial submission requirements, all other instructions, and submission requirements remain as stated in the original Request for Proposals.
Sealed proposals are hereby solicited for multiple contractors for the provision of services to the clients of Boston Senior Home Care (Lincoln Plaza, 89 South Street, Suite 501, Boston, MA, 02111), Central Boston Elder Services (2315 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02119) and Ethos (555 Amory Street, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130) (hereinafter referred to as ‘the Consortium’).
The Consortium, comprised of three separate corporate entities designated as Aging Services Access Points (ASAPs) by the Executive Office of Elder Affairs (hereinafter referred to as EOEA), seeks to provide the following services to clients:
- Adult Day Health
- Behavioral Health Services
- Bill Payer/Representative Payee
- Competency Evaluation
- Alzheimer’s Day Program
- Emergency Shelter
- Financial Consultation
- Grocery Shopping and Delivery Service
- Habilitation Therapy (Alzheimer’s coaching)
- Home Health Service
- Skilled Nursing care,
- Physical Therapy,
- Occupational Therapy,
- Speech Therapy
- Home Health Aide
- Emergency Shelter
- Environmental Accessibility Adaptations
- Legal Services
- Medication Dispensing System
- Medication Delivery
- Nutritional Assessment
- Personal Emergency Response Systems (cellular, cellular w/fall detection, w/ fall detection)
- On-Call services
- Respite Care
- Transitional Assistance
- Vision Rehabilitation
- Wanderer Locater Service
Respondents may bid to provide services to any or all of the Consortium members; successful bidders will enter into separate contracts with each Consortium member.
The duration of the contracts will be for three years, beginning October 1, 2016 and terminating on September 30, 2019. Contracts may be amended at any time during the contract period to reflect rate or service changes negotiated between the Consortium or any of its members and the Provider. Certain rates established by the Division of Health Care Finance and Policy, EOEA, or other regulatory bodies, cannot be amended by Consortium members (please see Attachment D to this RFP for details).
First year rates may be negotiated subsequent to the acceptance of a bidder’s response.
For the purpose of purchasing services for ASAP clients, EOEA issues standard contract forms and EOEA reserves the right to amend the contract forms. In submitting a response to this RFP, the bidder affirms that it is not under federal or state debarment and acknowledges it has read the relevant contract forms for the service(s) it proposes to provide, and agrees to comply with all of the terms contained therein. Both contract forms are provided as attachments to the RFP for informational purposes only. Their inclusion does not constitute the award of a contract. Bidders should not submit the contract form with their proposal response.
Bid specifications for the RFR must be downloaded from the website: https://www.ethocare.org. Bidders are solely responsible for obtaining and completing the required bid documents and any attachments referenced, and for checking this website on a regular basis for any addenda or modifications that are subsequently made to this RFP or attachments. The Consortium accepts no liability and will provide no accommodation to bidders who fail to check for amended RFP’s and submit inadequate or incorrect responses. Bidders may not alter (manually or electronically) the RFP language or any RFP component files. Modifications to the body of the RFP, specifications, terms and conditions, or which change the intent of the RFP are prohibited and may disqualify a response.
Bidders with a disability or hardship may seek reasonable accommodation, which may include the receipt of the RFP information in an alternative format. Bidders must communicate such requests in writing to Tammy Burgess, Contracts Manager, at Boston Senior Home Care. Requests for accommodation will be addressed on a case by case basis. A bidder requesting accommodation must submit a written statement that describes the bidder’s disability and the requested accommodation to Tammy Burgess. The Consortium reserves the right to reject unreasonable requests.
The Boston Consortium determined that there was a discrepancy in the deadline submission date that appears on the RFP proposal documents currently posted on the Ethos website. Because of that discrepancy the deadline for RFP proposal submission has been extended to 4:00 PM on Friday, July 15, 2016.
Proposals must be typed with numbered pages, and submitted in 3-hole punch binders. Bidders must submit an original along with three copies, and a USB drive enclosed in a sealed package marked “Sealed Bid” and addressed to:
555 Amory Street
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
A Bidders’ Conference will be held on May 20, 2016 from 10am-Noon at Boston Senior Home Care, 89 South Street, Boston, MA 02111. Attendance is limited to one representative per bidder. The purpose of this conference is to provide an overview of the RFP and the services the Consortium members are seeking to purchase, and give equal opportunity for clarification of specifications to all potential bidders. If you have any questions regarding these specifications, you may reserve them for that occasion, or questions may be submitted in writing to Tammy Burgess at Boston Senior Home Care (tburgess@BSHCinfo.org) prior to the Bidders’ Conference. Questions submitted in writing will be answered at the Bidders’ Conference, and a copy of the responses will be posted on the Ethos website. Please note, attendance at the Bidder’s Conference is not mandatory, but is strongly encouraged. Attendees must R.S.V.P Lisa Hamilton at CBES at Lhamilton@centralboston.org by May 18, 2016.
The Consortium reserves the right to reject any and all proposals if it is determined that such refusal is in the public interest. We also reserve the right to amend or withdraw all or any part of the RFP and/or services sought by the RFP. This RFP does not commit the Consortium to any of its members to award a contract, to pay any costs incurred in the preparation of this application, or to produce any services.
Boston Senior Home Care, Central Boston Elder Services, and Ethos, are Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity (AA/EEO) agencies. The Consortium strongly encourages minority, and women owned businesses to respond to this RFP. Bidders who wish to be considered as women and/or minority businesses must be certified as such through the Commonwealth’s Supplier Diversity Office, and provide a copy of their certification with their application. To learn about certification, visit the Commonwealth’s Supplier Diversity Office at http://www.somwba.state.ma.us/default.aspx.