For The Boston Consortium
Boston Senior Home Care
Central Boston Elder Services
Massachusetts Executive Office of Elder Affairs
NOTICE TO BIDDERS
On behalf of the Boston Consortium
SEALED PROPOSALS ARE HEREBY SOLICITED FOR THE PREPARATION OF MEALS TITLE III-C NUTRITION PROGRAM, IN ACCORDANCE WITH SPECIFICATIONS.
PROPOSALS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN TRIPLICATE, INCLUDE ONE ELECTRONIC VERSION AND ENCLOSED IN A SEALED ENVELOPE MARKED “SEALED BID” AND ADDRESSED TO:
555 Amory St.
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
A Bidders conference will be held on May 23, 2018 at the offices of Ethos, 555 Amory St, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130 at 1:00 PM.
The purpose of this conference is to give equal opportunity for clarification of specifications to all potential bidders. If you have any questions regarding these specifications, reserve them for that occasion.
Sealed bids will be accepted up to June 29, 2018 at noon. Bids that are mailed must be postmarked no later than June 29, 2018. Bids received after that date endorsed or signed will be rejected.
FACTORS IN SELECTING THE PROVIDER
- Ability to perform according to the requirements set forth.
- Type of service offered.
- Experience and reputation of bidder.
- Contract history for the past 10 years (e.g. termination, cancelation)
- Financial stability of bidder.
- Degree of staff supervision.
- Location and Food Production Facility.
- Meal Cost Analysis
- Ability to use USDA Commodity Foods.
- Office of Supplier Diversity registration
THE BOSTON CONSORTIUM RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY AND ALL PROPOSALS IF IN THE PUBLIC INTEREST TO DO SO.
SPECIFICATION FOR THE NUTRITION PROGRAM
In accordance with the goals and purposes of the Title III-c Elderly Nutrition Program established under the Comprehensive Older Americans Act Amendments of 1992, The Boston Consortium has been established to meet the needs of Older Americans within its service areas. The Nutrition Program’s chief responsibility is to provide nutritionally sound meals to those in the greatest economic and social need. These meals are served in strategically located centers, such as community centers, senior centers, churches, etc. They are also served to homebound elders within the service area. In addition to nutrition, the program aims at reducing the isolation of older Americans by providing these meals in a congregate setting whenever possible.
DOWNLOAD KEY DOCUMENTS
- Bid Specifications – Boston Consortium bid spec 2018 rev 5-4-2
- Bid Response Template – Boston Consortium bid spec 2018 rev 5-4 – RFP Template
- Combined Bid Specifications & Response Template in Word Format – Boston Consortium bid spec 2018 rev 5-4
- Standards & Policies for the Massachusetts Elderly Nutrition Program 2017
BIDDER’S CONFERENCE MATERIALS