In this presentation, the Age Strong Commission joins us to give an overview of programs and services provided by the City of Boston, and other governmental organizations, such as transportation, tax relief, home repair, to name a few, that help older adults in the community.
Featured speakers include Emily Shea, Commissioner, and Karine Querido, Deputy Commissioner of Operations, from the City of Boston’s Age Strong Commission.
Ethos’ Fridays in May series, as part of National Older Americans Month, highlights ways seniors can stay strong, stay involved and stay active!
View or Download the Presentation & Resources
- Age Strong Commission Website
- Boston Seniority Magazine
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Public Restroom Map
- Boston Home Center – Home Repair Program
- Important Phone Numbers
- Age Strong Commission – Resources 2021 ENGLISH
- Age Strong Commission Resources – 2020 CAPE VERDEAN
- Age Strong Commission Resources – 2020 VIETNAMESE
- Age Strong Commission Resources – 2020_FRENCH
- Age Strong Commission Resources – 2020 HATIAN CREOLE
- Age Strong Commission Resources – 2020_SPANISH
- Age Strong Commission Resources – 2020 PORTUGUESE
- Age Strong Commission Resources – 2020-TraChi
In Case You Missed It
- Fridays in May: Advocacy & Volunteerism
- Fridays in May: Aging in Community
- Fridays in May: Boston, a Great Place to Age
- Fridays in May: Aging in Boston. Live Healthy, Be Social, Stay Active!
The work of Ethos’ AgeWell healthy aging program has done so much for so many throughout the past 13 years and especially over the past 14 months of the COVID-19 pandemic. It has helped keep older adults throughout Boston and beyond up to date with the resources they needed to stay safe, connected to their community and friends, and remain healthy and active.
Unlike most programs at Ethos, AgeWell receives only a small portion of its funding from government sources. Your generosity ensures AgeWell, and its wide array of health and wellness activities, as well as programming to address social isolation, is available to the community.
COVID-19 has prevented us from conducting many of the fundraising events and activities that normally help us meet the needs of our AgeWell and other programs. With just a few short weeks left in our fiscal year, we need your help to close the gap. Can we count on you to make a donation that is meaningful to you to support the work of Ethos’ AgeWell program?
You can make a fully tax-deductible donation by the button below, visiting www.ethocare.org/donate-now, or by calling 617-522-6700.
You may also mail a gift to:
555 Amory Street
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
Thank you again for your continued generosity! In the meantime, we hope you enjoyed our Fridays in May series and we hope to see you all in person soon.